If we seek a transformed world, remember we too must be transformed. To that end, allow me to provide a transformative gift to you.
In order to move into affirmative action in our lives, we'll have to train the brain to expand it's capacity. Last week, I laid out a process that could help dramatically. When I ran my ad agency back in the 1990s and 2000s, we often used this process to guide our advertising campaigns, changing the campaign every 66 - 90 days. Here is a sample process you can use individually....
1. You acknowledge a challenge (ie: I often think negatively about myself).
2. You write down 5 statements about you that are true and are affirming (1. I am a good friend. 2. I am generous. 3. I communicate well. 4. I am helpful to family and friends. 5. I take care of my mother).
3. You condense the 5 statements into a one sentence truism about yourself. (I am a generous, communicating, friendly person who takes care of his mother).
4. You read this statement to yourself, once in the morning when you first wake up and once at night before you go to bed for around 66 days.
At the end of that period, you have now created a new neural pathway or new habit. This new neural pathway now challenges the original negative thoughts.
This process can be enhanced even further by the development of your Visions and Goals in your Visions and Goals section of the LEAD Global app. Log into the site, click the Visions and Goals section and let's start filling in the sections. These sections include Career and Business, Finances and Wealth, Friends and Family, Fun and Recreation, Health and Fitness, Love Life, Personal and Spiritual and Physical Environment.
The first step is to go to your lead global account. If you don't have one, write us at email@example.com and we'll create one for you. Just say "I want an account" in the subject line. Once you get one, you'll have access to the onine life plan diary with the acatories above.
When filling this out, remember, the vision is what you'd like. The goals are the steps to getting what you;d like. For example, for me under Health and Fitness, I would submit
Vision: My vision is to achieve a 20% body fat rate
Goals: I will implement a workout routine that requires 20% cardio and 80% weight training for 12 months.
I will reduce my sugar intake to less than 20 grams of sugar per day.
I will make my diet 70% - 90% organic, reducing the amount of unknown and weight-producing elements.
Here's another one for finances and wealth...
Vision: My vision is to achieve full integrity by the end of 2017 with my wealth so that my money matches my beliefs.
Goals: I will examine any and all investments to make sure I am not funding banks and companies that are closer to my beliefs.
I will create a new set of criteria for all of my clients so that I am working with clients that match my beliefs.
I will join a group that seeks social investing and social entrepreneur opportunities.
Use your Vision and Goal statements in your 66 day challenge. Let's get this done before the start of the year. Write me back if you'd like me to serve as a friendly online reminder of those goals and visions are. I'll place them in my calendar to remind you as your dates approach.
DOMINANT TRENDS THAT WILL SHAPE 2017
Here are some of the latest trend predictions the LEAD Global Team sees for 2017 you'll want to consider as you make out your life plan..
1. There will be a rise of augmented and virtual reality. applications. From games to architecture to medical operations. AR and VR will take a giant step in 2017.
2. There will be a dramatic jump in automation which will lead to a massive leap in productivity and a significant jump in job displacement for humans. 2017 will be a watershed year for this.
3. The On-Demand business model will become the standard in 2017. Anything not On-Demand will start to feel completely out of date.
4. There will be a huge push for a modern version of Liberal Arts. We are finally realizing that the most important thing we can do is to teach our children how to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
5. Machine learning, or AI learning will take off. 2017 will be the year we start to see the exponential growth of AI intelligence as it teaches itself to become smart.
Here are suggestions we'd like to make for you going into 2017.
1. Create group entrepreneurial ventures.. This will allow you to scale quickly with skilled partners.
2. Get your passport. You may find your particular set of skills are needed in other countries.
3. Set up an online business with a Pay Pal account that allows you to work online with clients around the world.
4. Get grounded in a meditative practice. In a world of dramatic change, being centered will allow you to manage the change better.
5. Eat better. We're thinking that there is a definitive trend between intelligence and the quality of modern food that people eat. More on that in the next newsletter as we gather the data.
SPECIAL NOTE: For those of you who may have attended my DaVinci Institute presentation. I would appreciate a quick paragraph of review. Thank you!
Write me with your questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE COME TO ONE OR BOTH OF OUR APPEARANCES IN THE DENVER METRO AREA THIS MONTH!
I would love to meet you at one of these events. Myself and the LEAD Global Team will be provide an information talk at New Hope Baptist Church in Denver on Saturday, December 10th at 2:00pm . The location is 3701 Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80205 Let us answer your questions live and in person!
I'll also be presenting at The DaVinci Institute on my new book Above and Beyond All That We Know, Tuesday, December 13th at 6:30. Click this link and please sign up! https://www.facebook.com/events/1783827955229793/
I know this is a busy time of year, but I would deeply appreciate your attendance at one or both of these events. I would love to truly meet you!
Now, a very interesting tool.....
As a Social Futurist, my job is to look at tons of data (over 4-5 hours worth every day) and ask if those trends are telling a story about the immediate future. What I have discovered is that there is an unusually high number of ideas and trends that have emerged over the past few years that are transforming life as we know it. The challenge is that many people have yet to catch up to these transformative ideas. Of course, a lot of people don't want to give up the old ideas because...
A. They believe they are benefiting from those ideas.
B. They actually are benefiting from those ideas.
C. They are afraid of the new ideas.
D. They don't understand what's happening.
What I've also discovered is that old ideas can be transformed when a person or group participates in The Inspirational Leap, The Inspirational Leap is a process that creates foundation for a new way of thinking in a group or with an individual. It is a five step process that works like this:
1. There is an acknowledgement of a long held idea.
2. New data that challenges the long held idea is introduced and read.
3. The new data is consolidated into a single statement.
4. The new statement is read -- once before bed and once first thing in the morning --- for around 66 days.
This process provides the tools for the development of new expanded ideas in the brain -- the development of a new habit. http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/10/07/need-to-form-a-new-habit-66-days/
Here is an example of how it may be possible to create transformative thinking in yourself or your team:
1. The acknowledgement of a long held accepted belief -- "The system we have is the best human kind can do, so we should just keep it."
2. New data is introduced.
3. A single statement is created from the data: "We can and are transforming society into something better that works for the greater good of more people."
4, The statement is read for around 66 days -- once first thing in the morning and once at night (right before bed).
5. A new habit is created.
It should be noted that this method doesn't make old ideas go away, but it does expand your capacity to hold more possibilities than just the old ideas. It's worth your consideration. We hope you'll give it a try and write us if you need help setting it up.
And finally, here is some information to help you navigate the the holidays! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDtzLHBk_0
Chet W. Sisk is an author and one of the world's leading Social Futurists. He is also expert on the current world paradigm shift. Find out more about him and the LEAD Global Team at www.leadtheshift.com or you can write him directly at email@example.com