Are you becoming economically irrelevant? Take the quiz and find out….A briefing from Futurist Chet W. Sisk
I know, I know….you’ve got enough threats on your plate to last a few life times, but our ability to be more precise about what’s going on gives us the power and tools to do something about it. Maybe even transform it from threat to ally.
For the past 10 years, I’ve been saying that the technological evolution (now combine that with the biotech evolution alongside machine learning) is not a bunch of robots coming to take your job. We’re talking about artificial intelligence designed to take away the concept of job. That’s dramatically different than the former. This new way of how the world works says for the past few hundred years, you needed organized mass labor to do things in the world.
Now, you don’t.
The new artificial intelligence provides a way you can get even more done and more efficiently with new tools. Thus, you don’t need to hire a bunch of people for jobs anymore. This only means masses of people who used to be crucial to the current economic system are expendable….irrelevant. You are no longer needed in this economic process. Here is a five question quiz to see if you may be among the economically irrelevant over the next 3-5 years:
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these question, chances are good you are becoming economically irrelevant in the current economic system. If you answered no to three or more, you may be in a field that is economically flexible. Economic irrelevance is not an indictment against your character. On the contrary. It says tons about your struggling in a system that feels ”rigged”. You know economic irrelevance is happening when....
1. Your country is experiencing almost full employment, yet most families in that country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, and….
2. …many of the current jobs being created are not high paying (ie: retail, hospitality, etc), and….
3. …many organizations and companies are rapidly rushing toward increased automation and...
4. …life expectancy in that country is trending down because people are not happy, and…
5. …there are no plans on the table to manage the coming job losses due to automation and...
6. …there are no plans on the table for a post-job world.
HOW TO BECOME ECONMICALLY RELEVANT
There are those who would like you to believe that you’re lucky to here, and should be grateful. I say you are an on-purpose human being and are supposed to be right here, right now. My job is to help you explore that truth.
Chet W. Sisk is an author and one of the world's leading Social Futurists. He is also expert on the current world paradigm shift. Find out more about him and the LEAD Global Team at www.leadtheshift.com or you can write him directly at email@example.com