If we seek a transformed world, remember we too must be transformed. To that end, allow me to provide a transformative gift to you.
In order to move into affirmative action in our lives, we'll have to train the brain to expand it's capacity. Last week, I laid out a process that could help dramatically. When I ran my ad agency back in the 1990s and 2000s, we often used this process to guide our advertising campaigns, changing the campaign every 66 - 90 days. Here is a sample process you can use individually....
1. You acknowledge a challenge (ie: I often think negatively about myself).
2. You write down 5 statements about you that are true and are affirming (1. I am a good friend. 2. I am generous. 3. I communicate well. 4. I am helpful to family and friends. 5. I take care of my mother).
3. You condense the 5 statements into a one sentence truism about yourself. (I am a generous, communicating, friendly person who takes care of his mother).
4. You read this statement to yourself, once in the morning when you first wake up and once at night before you go to bed for around 66 days.
At the end of that period, you have now created a new neural pathway or new habit. This new neural pathway now challenges the original negative thoughts.
This process can be enhanced even further by the development of your Visions and Goals in your Visions and Goals section of the LEAD Global app. Log into the site, click the Visions and Goals section and let's start filling in the sections. These sections include Career and Business, Finances and Wealth, Friends and Family, Fun and Recreation, Health and Fitness, Love Life, Personal and Spiritual and Physical Environment.
The first step is to go to your lead global account. If you don't have one, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll create one for you. Just say "I want an account" in the subject line. Once you get one, you'll have access to the onine life plan diary with the acatories above.
When filling this out, remember, the vision is what you'd like. The goals are the steps to getting what you;d like. For example, for me under Health and Fitness, I would submit
Vision: My vision is to achieve a 20% body fat rate
Goals: I will implement a workout routine that requires 20% cardio and 80% weight training for 12 months.
I will reduce my sugar intake to less than 20 grams of sugar per day.
I will make my diet 70% - 90% organic, reducing the amount of unknown and weight-producing elements.
Here's another one for finances and wealth...
Vision: My vision is to achieve full integrity by the end of 2017 with my wealth so that my money matches my beliefs.
Goals: I will examine any and all investments to make sure I am not funding banks and companies that are closer to my beliefs.
I will create a new set of criteria for all of my clients so that I am working with clients that match my beliefs.
I will join a group that seeks social investing and social entrepreneur opportunities.
Use your Vision and Goal statements in your 66 day challenge. Let's get this done before the start of the year. Write me back if you'd like me to serve as a friendly online reminder of those goals and visions are. I'll place them in my calendar to remind you as your dates approach.
DOMINANT TRENDS THAT WILL SHAPE 2017
Here are some of the latest trend predictions the LEAD Global Team sees for 2017 you'll want to consider as you make out your life plan..
1. There will be a rise of augmented and virtual reality. applications. From games to architecture to medical operations. AR and VR will take a giant step in 2017.
2. There will be a dramatic jump in automation which will lead to a massive leap in productivity and a significant jump in job displacement for humans. 2017 will be a watershed year for this.
3. The On-Demand business model will become the standard in 2017. Anything not On-Demand will start to feel completely out of date.
4. There will be a huge push for a modern version of Liberal Arts. We are finally realizing that the most important thing we can do is to teach our children how to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
5. Machine learning, or AI learning will take off. 2017 will be the year we start to see the exponential growth of AI intelligence as it teaches itself to become smart.
Here are suggestions we'd like to make for you going into 2017.
1. Create group entrepreneurial ventures.. This will allow you to scale quickly with skilled partners.
2. Get your passport. You may find your particular set of skills are needed in other countries.
3. Set up an online business with a Pay Pal account that allows you to work online with clients around the world.
4. Get grounded in a meditative practice. In a world of dramatic change, being centered will allow you to manage the change better.
5. Eat better. We're thinking that there is a definitive trend between intelligence and the quality of modern food that people eat. More on that in the next newsletter as we gather the data.
SPECIAL NOTE: For those of you who may have attended my DaVinci Institute presentation. I would appreciate a quick paragraph of review. Thank you!
Write me with your questions. email@example.com
Chet W. Sisk is an author and one of the world's leading Social Futurists. He is also expert on the current world paradigm shift. Find out more about him and the LEAD Global Team at www.leadtheshift.com or you can write him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org