We're having a nervous "breakthrough", and that's a good thing. A briefing from Futurist Chet W. Sisk.
First, reference and clarity. A nervous breakdown is a bout of mental illness that is so severe, it directly impacts their ability to function in everyday life. ,Here in the US, it appears that we are experiencing a bout of systemic dysfunction so severe, it threatens to halt the function of the entire society. Here is the evidence of that. ..k
Some religious institutions have sold out to for political leverage or are embroiled in broad abuse scandals
Massive, systemic corruption in our political institutions is on full display.....
The economic system is being questioned, even by some of it's most ardent supporters because of massive income inequality…
Even some of our philanthropic organizations are gaming the system....
All of this while the world burns under climate crisis...
Based on most of the information I've studied from past civilizations, times like these only means previous methods are not sustainable. It's time to create something transformative. We're in the middle of a nervous break through...a one-time opportunity to re-imagine how the future works. Truth is, we usually don't respond to change unless it's on our doorstep. This time that change is past the doorstep, in the kitchen and eating our food.
There are five things that we can do to leverage this moment.....
1. Travel. Go see someone you haven't seen in a while and have dinner with them. Go to some place you haven't been and see the sights. Meet up with a social media acquaintance for a shared encounter. This increases your ability to connect, relate to and develop your human contact skills. We're going to need them.
2. Turn off the social media and news for a period of time. We already know their are outside actors playing in social media platforms to manipulate you. Why help them?
3. Create or join a community group. The next round of leadership that will emerge will be community groups. Not bought by political action money and bigger than the individual, community groups will create next level leadership that's more flexible and agile.
4. Meditate. Even if you give yourself 5 minutes of just following each breath, you may well add a month of quality life onto your existence. There is nothing more powerful than meditation. It is, truly, a miracle tool.
5. Create a social innovation group. Innovation isn't just for technology. It's for social structures, too. Social innovation groups seek to find better tools, ideas, and thoughts on what could work better in a time of technological evolution, climate crisis, income inequality and re-imagined leadership. Write us here at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll turn you on to them.
Enjoy every minute of your nervous breakthrough.
Chet W. Sisk is an author and one of the world's leading Social Futurists. He is also expert on the current world paradigm shift. Find out more about him and the LEAD Global Team at www.leadtheshift.com or you can write him directly at email@example.com